- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management
- 3+ years of experience in building learning products, software, or services
- B.S. or 4 years' equivalent degree in an Engineering, Software Development, Computer Science, or other technical discipline
- Experience with client/customer facing work; conducting formal customer research and quantitative analysis
AWS is revolutionizing how companies build and deploy technology through powerful cloud based services. The AWS Training and Certification organization has a vision to accelerate the growth of AWS through seeding the IT market with hundreds of millions of highly-skilled AWS professionals by offering the leading cloud training and certification programs in the industry.
We are an innovative, global organization with activities that support all services across AWS to deliver differentiated customer experiences. We provide a wide range of learning opportunities from initial cloud skills at education institutions, to career re-training, to in-depth proficiency for the experienced professional.
Join our team as a product manager to create exciting learning products and services for AWS customers by focusing on our key AWS customer segments. You will be responsible for working with our AWS field teams. Together you will enable our partners and their customers to stay at the forefront of AWS Cloud innovation by accelerating the integration of Cloud content and tools around the globe. At the same time, you will connect the dots between our training and development programs, businesses, the hiring leaders and the supply of talent to our AWS customers by understanding the economics of technical talent.
You will deeply understand the AWS field teams, our partners, and their customers. With this understanding you will look broadly across the needs of these customers to define scalable training and learning products to be built by the AWS T&C organization. You will prioritize initiatives and create a roadmap to meet customer needs and partner cross-functionally to ensure the right customer experience is delivered. You will determine how to measure the customer experience and relentlessly drive improvements based on data. You will accomplish all of this in the Amazon way by writing detailed business cases and requirements to deliver to leadership, partners, and engineering. You will also a business creator who can see the bigger picture and innovate with new ideas on behalf of our customers.
This role is inherently cross-functional and your success will depend on your ability to influence others. You must work closely with peers and leaders in every facet of the organization beyond curriculum and learning development including marketing, business development, customer intelligence, customer support, and operations. You are expected to create buy-in for our products and evangelize for our team across internal and external stakeholders.
A successful candidate will thrive in a high expectation culture and embrace ambiguity with critical, analytical thinking.
- Be the voice of the customer and a champion for your assigned AWS customer segments; engage directly with our customers and field teams to understand their needs, use cases, and priorities
- Be an expert in the our existing product line in order to close the customer gap by delivering the right learning offerings, experiences, and curriculum
- Leverage your understanding of the customer and business goals to innovate; define a vision and then align teams all the way to delivery of that vision
- Create the roadmap, user stories, and crisp requirements that can be used to by our curriculum and learning systems development teams to create the right products to support our customers
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
- Be an expert in the use of operating metrics and KPIs; be the steward of your product and drive best practices for using that product
- Aspire to make every investment decision count
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle, or Tempe).
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $123,300 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- MBA or Masters Degree
- Experience with workforce development
- Experience working with working through partnership channels
- Experience working with training, learning development, and certification
- Fluent in SQL and/or at least 1 scripting/programming language
- Proven experience launching a new product or service into market
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.