- 3+ years minimum quota carrying sales experience in B2B environments
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
The Amazon Web Services cloud platform helps companies of all sizes transform and reinvent their businesses to meet the needs of their customers and communities around the world. From enabling rapid and individually customized cancer treatments to helping fortune 500 companies meet their carbon emissions goals, the AWS technology stack is the backbone of some of the most innovative solutions to the World’s most pressing problems. According to Gartner, AWS is the leading cloud provider, both in terms of ability to execute and completeness of vision. With only 5% of all IT spend in the cloud, we are still in the early stages of what is possible. To that end, we are growing our entrepreneurial team of builders to rapidly acquire tomorrow’s customers and shape the future of how technology is deployed.
A day in the life
- Achieving all output goals including; annual revenue quota, number of new customer and new workloads, and input goals including; pipeline created, progressed and launched
- Driving net new business via customer acquisition by leveraging one-to-many and one-to-one outbound campaigns in addition to qualifying and progressing inbound opportunities from marketing and partner channels
- Expanding services breadth and consumption within your existing customer base via account planning and management
- Understanding the technology footprint and technical challenges and business objectives each one of your customers faces
- Accurately tracking activity and forecasting pipeline and sales targets in CRM (Salesforce) with ability to leverage self-service reporting tools
- Managing full enterprise sales cycles including prospecting, demos, discovery, building technical and business cases, negotiating and closing deals
- Building and managing cross-functional internal teams including Demand Generation, Partner and Solutions Architects to meet the unique needs of customers
- Leveraging the regional consulting and technology partner ecosystem to acquire new customers and accelerate service adoption and revenue
Innovating new and creative ways to help Greenfield customers adopt the cloud across regions, and supporting the broader rollout of the most effective sales plays
As a Greenfield Inside Sales Executive, you will act as the CEO of your territory, diving deep to understand geography and industry nuances which will enable you to conceptualize and execute a comprehensive go-to-market strategy to acquire new customers. You will engage C-level decision makers to support and influence their organizations top strategic priorities. You will develop relationships with all levels within the account, from admins to C-levels, often where no prior relationship exists, and leverage your technical and business acumen to become a trusted advisor to enterprises across industries, including; Financial Services, Media & Entertainment, Retail, Manufacturing and Healthcare.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Track record of top performance in a new business acquisition role where majority of activity was contact acquisition, cold calling and outbound email prospecting
- Technical B2B sales experience, ideally in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
- Strong bias for action and a laser focus on working backwards from customer needs
- Proven excellence in a consultative/solution selling environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment
- Analytical mindset and ability to develop unique insights from data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for technology and a point of view on its trends and future implications