- 10+ years of business development, consulting, or product management experience in or selling to international and national passenger airlines and related technology service providers.
- 7+years of domain knowledge of systems, applications, and technology providers in the Passenger Airlines' industry, with the ability to understand business and technical requirements, capabilities, and offerings.
Head, Worldwide Business Development - Passenger Airlines
Amazon Web Services
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Passenger Airlines' industry? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and business development skills needed to help further establish AWS as the leader in the industry? After a period of global disruption, passenger airlines are investing to enhance consumer experience, grow revenue, and protect margins. Increasingly passenger airlines are turning to the cloud to modernize operations and improve resilience. AWS is looking for a worldwide Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting the industry, the role that technology and cloud computing can play in transforming the industry, and is both passionate and capable of driving market development globally.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, defining and enabling industry solutions, and creating significant business growth opportunities for AWS. You will educate and enable the AWS sales teams selling to (and supporting) industry customers to drive their day-to-day interactions and accelerate their business outcomes. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects, AWS Professional Services and Partners to develop and promote patterns of cloud adoption and solutions for the industry.
The ideal candidate will have international business development and/or consulting experience, gained from providing technology products and services to the Passenger Airlines' industry, while engaging consistently at the CxO/VP level. They should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. This is a hands-on role. where a keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the Passenger Airlines' industry.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure that it aligns with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
- Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key consulting and technology partners.
- Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects, customers and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for passenger airlines.
- Be conversant with salesforce.com and be able to use other internal Amazon systems.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Handle the high velocity and volume of engagements / interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- 10+ years of experience in business development for the Passenger Airlines' industry.
- Analytical and data-driven; able to demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
- Technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus.
- Proven leadership skills are key, with demonstrated verbal and written communications skills. Proficiency with additional languages beyond English would be an advantage.
- Experience in cross-functional roles, demonstrated ability to manage effectively across matrix organizations and lead through influence.
- Working knowledge and practical experience of cloud computing is highly desired.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Boston, MA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.