- 5+ years enterprise technology sales experience
- Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services.
**This role can also be based in San Diego or Los Angeles, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking talented individuals for the Global Accounts team focused on growing business and defining the cloud computing industry in the world’s largest, most strategic, multinational Fortune 100 companies.
AWS, the world’s leading cloud provider, offers cutting-edge cloud solutions that benefit companies of all sizes. We are growing our new Global Accounts Sales team which focuses on helping the world's largest multinational businesses adopt the AWS cloud platform. If you are passionate about the cloud and have the skills, the Global Account
Rep role provides the opportunity sell business-transforming solutions to the world’s biggest and most impactful companies and shape the future of cloud computing.
The Global Account Rep is responsible for growing the AWS footprint within the Global Accounts segment. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to successfully build and maintain relationships, advise customers on AWS cloud solutions, grow AWS usage across a defined set of customers, develop innovative programs, and expand platform adoption to new business units. A successful candidate will work with prospects, customers, partners, Global Account Managers, and internal teams to consistently meet and exceed sales quotas. This is a strategic role with tremendous growth opportunities.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate in the development and execution of Global Account strategies
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline within target accounts and track in Salesforce.com
- Create and close opportunities from start to finish – full sales cycle ownership
- Create a high level network for events and follow up, working closely with closed loop marketing
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Break into new lines of business groups within the defined Global Accounts
- Consistently overachieve targets through a customer-obsessed approach
- Manage numerous requests concurrently & strategically
- Work in a team environment with multiple Global Account Managers
- Some travel
**This role can be be located in Seattle, WA or Los Angeles, CA**
- Experience selling complex, disruptive, transformative technical solutions
- Executive conversations skills a must - CXO driven
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines and budgets
- Proven track record in the enterprise space with complex sales cycles
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth environment
- A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas,SaaS,PaaS)
- Builder; have built a new team or been a part of a high growth team
- Additional languages a plus
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com CRM application
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to change
- Ability to think critically and creatively to develop new business-impacting ideas or processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.