- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Human-Computer Interaction (or equivalent work experience)
The core mission of AWS Marketing is to educate customers about cloud computing and our services. Millions of customers visit our sites https://aws.amazon.com and https://aws.amazon.com/blogs every day.
We're seeking a talented, self-directed Front-End Engineer to design and build engaging, personalized customer experiences across the AWS websites.
You will be a key member of this team and will create new functionalities, as well as explore and implement leading-edge UI technologies. This role offers wide scope, autonomy, and ownership. We are building new content management services from the ground up for use across all of AWS and are looking for a developer to take the lead to not only write the critical path code, but to guide and inform our entire organization.
You’ll have a seat at the table and will be counted on to be an influential voice in decisions related to system architecture, feature development and product strategy. We have an ambitious mission requiring an engineer with great judgment and a track record of building great customer experiences.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Strong design skills around user experience
- Experience with React.js, Node.js, Typescript, GraphQL, DynamoDB and Elasticsearch
- Experience converting requirements to production level software
- Experience with responsive web design, media queries, resolution independent image display, and the ability to deliver outstanding functionality across devices and platforms
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Experience building large-scale web applications
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Experience with Adobe Target, Adobe CQ, or Ad serving platforms
- AWS product experience and development on the AWS platform
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.