- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in designing and developing complex, rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
- Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, and MVC frameworks.
- Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
- 1+ years of professional front end development around the user experience, an eye for design and attention to detail, and experience with responsive web design.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Position is open to Boston, MA, Seattle, WA, Arlington, VA or Dallas, TX.
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC, objects, promises)
- Track record delivering easy-to-use, stable, performant, and secure front-end software to production
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and REST API
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.