- 7+ years of technology sales experience with a focus on outside sales
- 5+ years of direct field experience selling software or cloud solutions to the F2000
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Account Manager focused on the Fortune 1000 market segment. The ideal candidate has sales experience with a reputation for over-achieving quota by growing revenues in existing customers as well as penetrating new accounts. They should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against an account coverage plan and consistently deliver on revenue targets. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and deep technical background that enables them to drive engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers, IT architects, and other customer executives. This Account Manager will be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who thrives in fast-paced and dynamic environments, with strong communication and presentation skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive adoption in a defined set of accounts to meet or exceed revenue targets.
- Develop and execute against a strategic plan that leads to the creation and maintenance of a robust sales pipeline including opportunities in existing accounts as well as driving net new business in untapped customers.
- Manage numerous accounts concurrently and strategically
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS.
- Analyze sales data from your accounts to help evolve your strategy
- Accelerate customer adoption through education and engagement
- When appropriate, work with partners to manage joint selling opportunities
- Assist customer in identifying use cases for priority adoption of Amazon Web Services as well as best practices implementations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Track record of developing sustainable new business
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in positioning and selling technology to new customers and new market segments
- Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.