- Bachelor Degree or 5+ years of professional or military experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
Do you enjoy leading, guiding, and influencing customers and team members throughout the DevOps journey? As an AWS DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most complex challenges. You will apply your deep technical expertise to solve cloud-based solutions at scale. You will guide customers through transforming their business with the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions.
The DevOps Engineer is an emerging leader with previous experience in a lead DevOps role. The DevOps Engineer will assist on larger projects or run smaller opportunities independently. A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The DevOps Engineer is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes.
Our team members work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and domestically. As such, team members will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElastiSearch, and Kibana.
- Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps, or MLOps.
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
- Strong presentation, verbal communication and written communications skills.
- Ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements, preferably from a professional services organization or similar.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.