- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in Database and/or Analytics systems development, deployment experience, business intelligence experience etc.
- Experience in software development and/or IT and implementation/consulting experience.
- Experience with Business Intelligence/data visualization software (such as Amazon Quicksight, Tableau, MS Power BI ) and data modeling.
- Experience developing ETL pipelines with tools like AWS Glue, Talend, or Informatica.
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
Are you a data and analytics specialist? Do you have deep expertise in AWS services for managing data at speed and scale? Do you think big about how data can change the world, and love building software? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse focused architects and engineers to collaborate with our customers on building solutions for analytics and BI dashboard solutions and machine-learning (ML) driven insights. AWS Data Labs are a global and online based facility where customers come to design and build data and analytics platforms. These solutions are built alongside the customer and quickly put into production use in a matter of weeks. You'll work closely with AWS Field Teams including Solution Architects, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Service Developers to partner with customers to derive better insights and business value from big data. Every day, you'll be working with AWS Services and Data Labs Customers to determine the optimal implementation, build it, prove it works, extract documents and CloudFormation templates to speed project delivery. If you are builder, and love extracting insights from data, then this could be your ideal job!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded architect and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Ability to understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Modeling and Big Data processing.
- Implementation and tuning experience in Database (such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and Data Warehousing (such as Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, schema design, query tuning and optimization).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security.
- Hands on experience as a database, data warehouse, business intelligence developer or engineer.
- Empower technical and non-technical, AWS customers to drive their own analytics, reporting and data modeling for various BI use-cases.
- Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics