- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- Industry experience in Data Engineering, BI Engineer, or related field
- Hands on experience in building big data solution using EMR/Elastic Search/Redshift or equivalent MPP database
- 1+ year of coding experience with modern programming or scripting language (Python, Scala, Java, etc.).
- Advanced SQL and query performance tuning skills.
- Database design and administration experience with one RDBMS, such as MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Hands-on experience in working with any reporting/visualization tools available in the Industry
- Demonstrated strength and experience in data modeling, ETL development and data warehousing concepts
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Private Pricing Platform team provides our Sellers & Partners with a deal management and analysis platform that enables and accelerates private pricing deals with our most important customers and partners. Our business is constantly evolving and we build software that drives that evolution. We are looking for a hands-on Date Engineer with experience developing and delivering data platform as we build the next iteration of our system. Come join a team at the beginning of a product life cycle and help define the way AWS does business with its key customers.
As a Data Engineer in Amazon, you will be working on building and maintaining complex data pipelines, Assemble large and complex datasets to generate business insights and to enable data driven decision-making and support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data. Data Engineer (DE) helps in designing, managing, and continuously enhancing our Analytics needs. You will develop and deliver analytics applications including metrics generation, metrics correlation, modeling, and many other use cases to help improve process effectiveness, customer experience, and automation. As a DE, you will deal with technical aspects of data warehousing (Redshift, Spectrum, EMR, ETL), infrastructure and build data pipelines, tools, and reports that enable program/product managers, analysts, BIE’s, solution architects, global AWS Sales and business leaders to design and deliver bench marking services for Amazon’s business units.
Core responsibilities may include:
- Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NOSQL database systems
- Design data models, implement, automate, optimization and monitor data pipelines
- Own the design, development and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Manage Redshift/Spectrum/EMR infrastructure, and drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
- Work on different AWS technologies such as S3, Redshift, Lambda, Glue, etc. and Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Work on data lake platform and different components in the data lake such as Hadoop, Amazon S3 etc.
- Work on SQL technologies on Hadoop such as Spark. Hive, Impala etc.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct rapid prototyping and proof of concepts
- Conceptualize and develop automation tools for bench marking data collection and analytics
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
- You will work with product managers, program managers and teams across the AWS Sales organization to understand the business we support and build features that are meaningful to our customers.
- You will present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences at all levels of the organization.
The Private Pricing Platform team is a talented and diverse group of individuals. With teams located in multiple US cities, we work together to deliver high quality products. Like the rest of AWS, we are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We put a high value on work-life balance. We offer a flexible schedule so that you can have a more productive and well-balanced life - both in and outside of work.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
- 3 to 8 years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Glue, Kinesis and Lambda) or equivalent industry tools
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience on working with different SQL/NOSQL databases
- Knowledge on data lake platform and difference technologies used in data lake to retrieve and process the data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.