- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in an IT role or relevant experience
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Data Center Technician to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of data centers. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair and may include participation in an on-call rotation. All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix problems within the Data Center Space. This team works in an environment that operates 24/7.
up to 10% between locations
This is a night shift position
Must be at least 18 years old
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Industry standard certifications (CompTIA, Cisco, etc.)
- 2+ years data center experience
- 2+ years experience with Linux based troubleshooting such as firmware flashes, and bios configurations
- 2+ years experience with a ticketing system
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.