- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
- 5+ years of experience in pre-sales, technical account management, solutions architecture, business development or program/product management
- 7+ years Data Analytics experience
- 7+ years SQL experience
Are you enthusiastic about data and analytics with subject matter expertise in modern data warehousing? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new Analytics technologies? Come join us?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers customers a comprehensive set of services to handle every step of the data & analytics operations chain including data warehousing, business intelligence, batch and stream processing, workflow orchestration, and machine learning. Amazon Redshift offers a fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse that integrates cleanly with existing business intelligence tools. Amazon QuickSight delivers fast, easy-to-use business analytics and visualization for customers looking to build new applications. In combination with other AWS services, these core DW tools allow customers to extract the maximum business value from their data ecosystem.
We are looking for a Data & Analytics Specialist Solutions Architect, who will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers leverage data & analytics services on AWS to address their most challenging requirements. You will partner with Generalist SAs, Technical Account Managers, Go-to-Market Specialists, and Service teams to enable customer adoption and revenue attainment. You will develop white papers, blogs, reference implementations, labs, and presentations to evangelize AWS data & analytics design patterns and best practices. You will also mentor and train the broader SA population within AWS, teaching them how to integrate the data & analytics stack appropriately into customer architectures.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Analytics Specialist team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for data warehousing and analytics.
- Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our services, and that they have the resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the product development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Execute programs and workshops for our strategic customers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to growing the business.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our strategic customers in key markets segments.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Available for travel up to 25%
- MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired
- Strong data analytics technical knowledge with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between various analytics approaches (data warehousing, Hadoop, operational analytics etc.)
- Experience working with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, IBM Netezza or other data warehouse platforms
- Experience architecting, designing, and engineering cloud-based solutions
- AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Experience designing Lake House or Data Lake architecture patterns
- Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements
- Experience with different data architectures
- Ability to present with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external senior leaders
- Experience with languages such as Python/PySpark or Scala
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr.; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act.
Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.