- BA/BS degree required or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of technology related sales, technical sales, enterprise cloud and/or business development
- 2+ years experience working with cloud billing or cloud operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with the ability to analyze large data sets, create financial models and simplify complex data
This role can be located in Seattle, WA--Arlington, VA-- New York City, NY-- or San Francisco, CA.
We are seeking an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Optimization Specialist with the business and technical acumen to collaborate across multiple business owners, in order to drive successful IT transformation and cloud adoption. Be part of a team focused on working with customers to ensure they’re leveraging the full economic potential of AWS through cloud financial management. As an Optimization Specialist, you will have the opportunity to engage and consult with some of the largest and fastest growing cloud customers in the world.
Cost and operational effectiveness is key to accelerating the business and technological benefits of the AWS platform. AWS offers customers an alternative consumption model that differs from how businesses have traditionally bought IT, by focusing on paying only for what they need. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about working directly with customers to help adopt new business strategies and embrace cloud technologies at scale that ensure long-term customer success.
You will engage with customers’ Enterprise IT, Operations, and Finance teams to implement best practices for cloud adoption and cost savings. This will include generating and providing recommendations on how customers can optimize their usage of AWS services, working to reengineer internal processes, and ensuring customer success on AWS. You will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for AWS customers. You will analyze large data sets, create financial models and simplify complex data to provide our customers with detailed, specific recommendations for implementing best practices for cloud adoption and cost savings. You must be comfortable working directly with customers, possess exceptional organizational skills, capable of creating simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Act as a financial advisor and collaborate with AWS account team, to build and deliver executive content (such as financial business case, ROI and TCO Analysis, cost optimization strategies)
- Become the subject matter expert in all cost and commercial related aspects of the customer life-cycle
- Educate and enable customers with tools to successfully manage cloud and IT spend
- Assessing reporting and analytic needs of customers and identifying solution and approach to meet those needs.
- Communicate, establish, and measure KPIs to track progress and success of transformation and optimization within customer organizations
- Manage numerous requests concurrently & strategically
- Understand and communicate billing, forecasting, and budgeting best practices
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work and Life balance looks different from person to person. Our team is dispersed across North America and stays connected through virtual meetings, calls and emails. We work hard each day in a fast paced dynamic environment, but value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We want employees who enjoy what they do, and do what they enjoy at work, at home and beyond. We encourage our team members to partner with their managers to strike the right balance.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of the SSOE team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire org and deliver initiatives that make an impact and allow you to build your skills. Your manager will be there to help support your career advancement and help you explore ways to develop. We also encourage curiosity and ownership of self-service learning opportunities within our internal education center.
AWS is a growth environment - we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have the opportunity to help hire & develop other leaders along the way.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud billing systems
- Experience working with sales or in sales
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data backed analyses, and influencing results
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.