- 2+ years technology business development, inside sales, demand generation, sales or channel management experience
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- College/University Degree or equivalent experience
Would you like to be part of a team focused on accelerating adoption of Microsoft, VMware and SAP Workloads ranging from Windows Server and SQL Server to .NET and SAP running on Amazon Web Services’ secure, global infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and sales skills necessary to help position Amazon as the cloud provider of choice for AWS’ Migration solutions? As a member of this new team in the US you will have the opportunity to drive growth and shape the specialty customer acquisition model within AWS while having a significant impact on customers’ global computing model. The Migration Workloads Acquisition Specialist Sales role will work in the US North East area and is responsible for acquiring and growing Greenfield customers. The role is part of the AWS Worldwide Specialist Sales Organization.
As part of the Migration Workloads specialist sales team, you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and pursuing Migration Workloads and data center migration opportunities within the Greenfield customer base in US-NE. You will engage with our marketing, field sales, demand generation, solutions architect and partner organizations to coordinate activities into top customer opportunities, advancing complex opportunities to closure. These opportunities will include migrating .Net applications, SQL Server, Windows File Servers, Exchange, SharePoint or SAP applications to the AWS cloud. You will be responsible for achieving targets related to market penetration, migration business cases, successful POCs and won opportunities in new accounts. You will also work closely with the Amazon Partner Network (APN) team and with Amazon’s extensive partner ecosystem to develop creative scaling motions and grow the business through programs you’ll help coordinate with Systems Integrators and Independent Software Vendors. You’ll be regularly interfacing with stakeholders ranging from C-level executives to Technical Decision Makers to help make their cloud migration journey a success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise to advance sales opportunities from the qualified to the technical and business validation sales stages
- Collaborate with account team to provide customers with credit programs and assessment recommendations based on their business objectives and solution structure
- Generate additional pipeline through participation in prospecting activities within the assigned greenfield territory
- Communicate lessons learned, service recommendations and best practices for penetrating greenfield customers to Migration Workloads leadership and service team members to continuously improve service and program offerings in alignment with customer requirements
- Meet and exceed sales goals on a quarterly and annual basis
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Arlington, Boston, Herndon, New York City, Washington D.C.)
- Ability to develop and execute strategic account and territory plans
- Fast learner with a knack for learning and understanding new technology solutions and developing compelling value propositions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and specifically Excel
- Experience using Salesforce.com CRM systems
- Experience using other sales prospecting tools
- Experience of working with partners to drive scaling campaigns’
- Experience selling Windows Server, SQL Server, VMware, SAP or Azure Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Licensing, including License Mobility and Volume Licensing (such as EA)
- Experience with data center migrations
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certified
- Microsoft Office – Excel professional certification
- Working knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau or Amazon Quicksight
- MSc or MBA