- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, and/or PR
- 7+ years’ executive or internal communications experience, preferably at a high-growth, technology company.
Role is based in Seattle, Washington. Other remote locations in the U.S. where Amazon has a presence will be considered.
Join a creative, diverse, and fun team who consistently delivers results. We are seeking an experienced, customer-obsessed, communications manager to help effectively brief our leaders in advance of high sakes customer engagements with customers and stakeholders. In this role, you will be responsible for driving strategic communications, content, and briefings for members across the Americas Sales Leadership Team, including the development of strategic messaging for external presentations. You’ll work across business functions, regions and all levels of the organization to make sure our customers are a top-of-mind audience.
This role requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work backwards from ambiguous requirements to generate clear, concise communications to brief an executive and prepare any presentation materials so that they can have a successful meeting. This is a role that requires frequent engagement with AWS leadership. In your career you must have demonstrated successful executive presence, excellent interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to influence others. The right candidate is extremely thorough and thoughtful in their communications approach, data-driven, thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and has proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders.
- Serve as the program lead for creating a high-quality briefing experience for AWS Sales Leadership to deliver a world class customer experience
- Write messaging and content for executive speaking and presentations with customers
- You are an experienced communications leader with a track record for bring out the best in people.
- Responsible for a comprehensive briefing experience for leadership. And work with the team to execute flawlessly.
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a structured and clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications, with high level of attention to detail and time management.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work and Life balance looks different from person to person. Our team is dispersed across North America and stays connected through virtual meetings, calls and emails. We work hard each day in a fast paced dynamic environment, but value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We want employees who enjoy what they do, and do what they enjoy at work, at home and beyond. We encourage our team members to partner with their managers to strike the right balance.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of the SSOE team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire org and deliver initiatives that make an impact and allow you to build your skills. Your manager will be there to help support your career advancement and help you explore ways to develop. We also encourage curiosity and ownership of self-service learning opportunities within our internal education center.
AWS is a growth environment - we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have the opportunity to help hire & develop other leaders along the way.
- End-to-end event planning and execution experience, with high level of attention to detail and time management.
- Demonstrated experience developing executive level communications in a variety of formats (e.g., blogs, executive presentations, whitepapers, etc.)
- Experience leading communications within a sales or marketing organization
- Experience driving cultural change and influencing organizations through communications, from audience and stakeholder analysis through data and success metrics tracking
- Experience developing and implementing communication plans
- Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leaders
- Experience creating content: digital, written, video, or visual communications materials
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.