- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a STEM field OR 2-year STEM degree with 2+ years of root-cause analysis troubleshooting OR IT certification with 2+ years of relevant experience
This is a Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship Program. U.S. Veterans, current U.S. Armed Forces including Reserves and National Guard, and Military Spouses are encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates will be considered.
The AWS Military Technical Apprenticeship Program is an approved Department of Defense (DoD) SkillBridge Program. Active duty transitioning service members from any branch of service may apply if they meet the eligibility requirements. DoD Instruction 1322.29 allows service members to participate in the program with command approval. Your transition office will provide candidates with the necessary documentation to obtain approval. For further information about the DoD Skillbridge Program, visit: https://dodskillbridge.usalearning.gov/.
AWS Cloud Support Engineers bridge the gaps between systems, software, and operations, and are not constrained by how "things are usually done." Ready to challenge the status quo? Over a million customers rely on AWS for building and running their applications and businesses. Support Engineers work on large scale system design and help in operational decision-making.
Are you interested in multiple technologies and working with companies to support AWS cloud solutions? Cloud Support Engineers work with companies every day to help them move their technology to the cloud and solve different types of technical challenges. They're also the voice of the customer and provide feedback on customer needs when working with engineering teams to develop new features.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for aspiring and motivated transitioning military service members, military veterans, and military spouses who align with our Leadership Principles and possess a unique balance of technical aptitude and strong interpersonal skills to join our Support Engineer Apprenticeship program. If accepted, apprentices will be provided both formalized IT training and on the job training leading to an opportunity to join AWS' world class technical teams. As an apprentice, you will have a unique opportunity to combine technical and hands on training with the Amazon Web Services team as you help individuals and businesses maintain their computing infrastructures and applications in the Cloud. AWS has built a reputation of excellence in Web-related technologies and services.
Our customers rely on Amazon Web Services (AWS) network for building and running their applications and businesses. Their success depends on our world-class network infrastructure, and our network depends on our systems team!
The Cloud Support Engineer Apprenticeship Program is an accelerated career development program for professionals who want to advance their technical skills. Training is broken into two main pieces: instructor-led and on-the-job training.
The instructor-led training (ILT) will tentatively start August 2nd, 2021 and consists of 12 weeks of training in a virtual classroom environment.
Upon successful completion of instructor-led training, apprentices will proceed to on-the-job training (OJT) in one of the following locations: Herndon, VA, Arlington, VA or Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
- Work with network, systems, and software engineers to create proactive engineering mechanisms that will enable your team to manage the health of a number of distributed specialized Linux server fleets and the software stacks that run on them.
- Deploy and monitor the systems and automation to ensure that regional tooling is operating optimally.
- Utilize trends and metrics to identify opportunities for improvements within existing frameworks, tools and processes to continuously improve systems.
- Perform high quality systems deployment, operations, best practices application, optimization, internal/external customer interactions, and produce appropriate technical documentation and reports.
- Maintain responsibility for systems functionality, performance, and configurations issues.
- Apply knowledge of Unix concepts and theory, and participate in systems deployment and support.
- You regularly contribute to the creation and improvement of all support documentation.
- You operate with limited guidance from management and aggressively drive issues to resolution.
- The ability to sit in front of computer during scheduled work hours with appropriate breaks while maintaining a high level of alertness and attention to detail with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Experience with Linux/Unix Systems administration (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Solaris, etc)
- Knowledge of Linux and networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TLS & proficiency in Networking (TCP/IP)
- Familiarity with Cloud computing, security best practices and concepts
- Experience operating parallel distributed systems at scale
- Experience operating in ticket based customer resolution
- Experience performing deep dive technical troubleshooting
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.