- 4+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 2+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, software development, or networking
- 1+ years of experience presenting to executives, IT Management, and developers
- Technical degree required (Computer Science or Math background highly desired) or equivalent experience
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
Amazon Web Services is seeking a Solutions Architect to support our US Government customers in the Huntsville, AL area.
this position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
As a Solutions Architect on AWS National Security, you will serve as a trusted technical advisor to the Intelligence Community – you are the “face of Amazon” to your customer(s) and they will consult you regarding a broad variety of technical challenges which are not just complex, but mission-critical. You will regularly collaborate with, and influence, both external stakeholders (our government customers) and internal AWS teams like sales and platform engineering. On our team, you have the opportunity to “think big” as you design and architect advanced cloud-based solutions that suit your customer’s business and technical needs.
Our Solutions Architects are regarded as technical “thought leaders” within the Intelligence Community who evangelize emerging technologies not only on a conceptual level, but also on a practical, architectural level. Our SA’s have over the years played a critical role in the widespread adoption and advancement of cloud computing capabilities within the Intelligence Community. They think outside of the box to deliver results to our customers and provide solutions that are cost-effective, time-saving, and secure. On our team, you will work backwards from our customers' goals to migrate complex workloads to the AWS cloud. Frequently, you will be responsible for mission-critical solutions with life-saving implications.
Sometimes, the best way to innovate around a customer pain point is to create a new product altogether. This position offers you the unique opportunity to enhance existing service features and even create entirely new tools to adapt to our customers’ requirements within the complex technical constraints of the cleared environment.
This is a customer-facing position where you will introduce new features and products in order to help colleagues and customers embrace technological advancement. We would therefore love to see someone who has demonstrated thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the current state of your customer's technology, considering the value that new technologies can create for your customers, and helping to change how these products are viewed and accepted. It's a great opportunity for someone who enjoys interpersonal communication as you will be heavily interacting and partnering with other teams across AWS including security & compliance, development teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, and professional services.
In this role, you will...
- Embody AWS' motto, “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy working with Intelligence Community customers. You'll get excited about educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of Intelligence Community customers.
- Demonstrate your strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
- Partner with the sales team to formulate and execute a sales strategy to achieve sales goals through the adoption of AWS
- Be the primary "technical advisor" to the sales process, ensuring success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and other reusable content
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
** To request more information, please contact Olivia Black at email@example.com **
- Professional experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience in technology/software sales consulting or equivalent skills
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Experience managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage
- Understanding of Federal Government application, server, and network security requirements such as ICD 503, FISMA and FedRAMP.
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.