- Minimum 6 years of leading a divisional operations function or similar responsibilities supporting technical sales functions
- Experience in multiple organizational programs such as goals setting, training and enablement, curriculum development, organizational development, and metrics development including dashboarding and scorecarding
- Experience in project management and business systems implementation projects with the ability to convey operational status and issues to multiple levels of the organization with the appropriate level of detail and clarity
- Strong financial, analytical, and communication skills with the ability to think strategically about business challenges using data
- Bachelor’s degree is required
For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. The AWS Global and Strategic Accounts (GSA) organization supports Fortune 200 enterprise organizations with multi-national operations and decentralized IT decision making in their journey to AWS. Within the AWS GSA organization, the Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement (SSOE) team is responsible for supporting the Leadership, Management, and the field in achieving our organizational objectives, delivering customer outcomes, and driving continuous improvements in field productivity. We drive efficiency, predictability and rigor in our operating cadence, and promote inter-connected business planning and operations, enabling the field to serve the customer the way they want to be served. Our stakeholders are broad, internal to AWS and external, multi-national and distributed across the globe. We serve them with integrity and discipline, and dedication to superb customer outcomes.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Lead to partner with the Global Vertical and Strategic Accounts (GSA) Solutions Architecture (SA) leadership teams to define, land and execute against the strategic priorities. This role will create and implement success metrics for the organization, and drive predictability in operations, planning, goals setting, strategic initiatives, as well as reporting and success measuring of the key internal initiatives. The ideal candidate has strong business strategy background, organizational planning experience, broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a passion for analytics and data. The ideal individual will leverage past experiences to assist our technical teams in creating efficiency, assessing performance, optimizing the organizational design for serving the customer.
This position will be responsible for implementing KPIs and measuring performance of the organization, supplying the management team with relevant and timely data and facts on health of the functions. This position will manage the rhythm of the activities such as weekly and monthly business reviews, goal setting and tracking mechanisms, as well as other cadenced reporting and metrics.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the GSA SA organization, such as Sales, Business Development, Professional Services, Partner, and the Worldwide Solution Architects team to facilitate knowledge sharing, best practice dissemination and alignment. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
As Operations Manager, your role is critical and highly visible across the organization. Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determine the definition of the goals, drive programs and tooling across the Solution Architect team to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve attainment of strategic objectives
- Track and report all key performance indicators, goals, efficiency and trend analyses
- Analyze data and trends to make informed recommendations to managers and drive change
- Develop management dashboards and reports
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed
- Define requirements for SA specific tooling to support processes and optimize their day to day work
- Collaborate with other operations managers to identify and implement best practices
- Ensure consistent and efficient execution of all functions by working closely with internal business partners and stakeholders to drive adoption and implementation of global standards, processes and programs.
The successful candidate is analytical and possesses a passion for developing insights from data. The candidate should be able to communicate those insights effectively to business stakeholders. This requires excellent business acumen and communication skills as well as the ability to work with business leaders to develop and define key business questions. The candidate will also be able to collect information and design the analysis model that answers these questions. The candidate will demonstrate critical analytical thinking and the willingness to dive deep. Lastly, the candidate should be have a technical proficiency in Excel, Salesforce, and preferably Tableau or QuickSight.
- Experience working within a high-growth, tech company would be highly beneficial
- Experience in a technical role, such as customer success or solutions architecture, would be highly beneficial
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision that can scale quickly
- Highly organized, great multi-tasking skills, ability to prioritize competing demands, and efficient in ambiguous situations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.