- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in the areas of finance, business management and/or sales operations in mid-to-large scale global Sales Organization
- 3+ years of experience with the development and implementation of systems, processes and tools utilized for CRM, variable compensation, revenue reporting, and forecasting
- 3+ years of experience using BI tools, CRM software, and excel
You will be responsible for Sales Operations and Business financial analysis within the Worldwide Public Sector Sales Operations organization, supporting the Healthcare team. This will be a pivotal role that enables you to have significant business impact through your direct involvement in customer financial modeling, reporting, forecasting, data quality and operations support.
You will assist in the formalization of the financial and business reporting for a Business vertical within the Worldwide Public Sector. You will be establishing dashboards, operational metrics, and reports to support the rapid growth of the AWS public sector business.
You will work in collaboration and coordination with Sales Managers, account and service teams, and corporate finance. You will work with legal and compliance teams to ensure full compliance of government and Amazon policies, as well as evaluation and recommendation of new ways of conducting business that can help accelerate growth.
You should have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, and display strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You should be able to build strong cross-group working relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Manage aspects of Worldwide Public Sector financial reporting and analysis for a Business vertical ensuring timeliness, completeness and accuracy of reporting
- Develop metrics and reports to manage sales pipeline, billed revenue and quota attainment
- Develop performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior Sales Management and WWPS leadership team in order to drive and manage the business
- Coordinate with corporate teams to influence roadmap for enhanced business intelligence and CRM tools to support the business.
- Work with territory planning, segmentation & quota development
- Assist in the creation and management of sales compensation plans, headcount tracking, and management
- Help WWPS Operations balance short term tactical goals with long term strategies
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be beneficial
- Familiarity with Public Sector and knowledge of government acquisitions along with applicable mandates and policies that govern the process
- MBA with concentration in Business or Finance
- Self-motivated, action-oriented , multi-tasking individual with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Motivated self-starter who is proactive and action-oriented
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization that can scale quickly
- Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading data-driven analyses to support and grow a business.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us