- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of relevant experience in analytics, data engineering, market research or related field
- Proficient in SQL working with large-scale, complex datasets from multiple sources
- Advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Amazon Quicksight, Tableau, or similar BI tools
- Working knowledge of ETL, data modeling and big data tools
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is building a world-class marketing organization, and we are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer as part of Marketing Data: Science & Engineering (D: SE) team to fuel the marketing team’s performance and growth. As a key team member on the team, you will partner with a team of experts across the fields of Product Management, Data Science, Machine Learning and Data Engineering to develop new and innovative solutions to solve some of the hardest challenges in Marketing. In this role, you will work on the key initiatives and partner with business stakeholders, to drive actionable findings and recommendations to drive key business outcomes for AWS Marketing.
About our team:
We refuse to accept constraints, internal or external, and have an excellent bias for action. We love data and believe that we can use it to deliver epic experiences for our customers. We work across all areas of AWS marketing including our core marketing data solution, insights and reporting, targeting and personalization models, marketing measurement and the operational systems to support each of these areas that power interactions with millions of customers every day. As a multi-functional team of experts, we deliver scaled solutions in use globally across AWS marketing.
You want to make changes that help millions of customers. You don’t want to simply make something 1% better as a part of an enormous team, but rather you want to get your hands dirty with a small team of experts and invent brand new stuff. You have the experience in driving business analyses and insights and be the voice of business stakeholders in delivering actionable insights for execution and measurement of marketing programs. You have great problem-solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest technology and use it to help you innovate. You have excellent leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering actionable analytics solutions.
Position may be located in Seattle, or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
- Aptitude for refining informal business analytic requirements to help move beyond the simple ask and surface the underlying “why”
- Excellent analytic strategy skills; for this role creating analysis ideas is just as important as the ability to do the analysis
- Documented history of thinking outside the box to improve business results
- Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $72,500 - 126,900/ yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.