- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in analytics, data engineering, market research or related field
- 2+ years in SQL working with large-scale, complex datasets from multiple sources
- 3+ years of relevant experience developing advanced production dashboards in Tableau, Amazon Quicksight, or other data visualization tools and advanced skills in Excel.
- Experience using ETL, data modeling and big data tools
As the Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE), you will work within the AWS Marketing organization on a business operations team that supports marketers across AWS Worldwide Public Sector, Regulated Industries, Global Strategic Accounts, and Executive Marketing. We are seeking a highly curious, passionate, and data-driven individual who can build and expand the underlying architecture for a portfolio of reporting solutions that provide bar-raising experiences that improve marketing performance. This role demands a motivated self-starter who’s able – and wants to – operate in a lean, fast-paced organization that scales quickly. The ideal candidate possesses an in-depth analytics background and possesses experience with marketing datasets in order to help unlock insights around performance and impact across marketing programs, strategies, and datasets.
The Business Intelligence Engineer will work closely with teams across marketing, data science and engineering, business operations, and finance. The right candidate will drive scalable reporting solutions that help marketers unlock insights, contribute to a portfolio of innovative reporting enhancements and projects, and possess the proven ability to work effectively and earn trust in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment.
This position can be located in an Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office based in the following locations: New York, NY, Arlington, VA, Seattle, WA, San Francisco, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Nashville, TN, Austin, TX and Dallas, TX. Amazon will provide relocation assistance from within the US only to these locations.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
- Experience supporting marketing analytics in an enterprise-level technology company
- Experience in BI design and development, UI/UX best practices
- Aptitude for refining informal business analytical requirements to help move beyond the simple ask and surface the underlying “why”
- Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift and S3
- Excellent analytical strategy skills; for this role creating analysis ideas is just as important as the ability to do the analysis
- Creating and refining models and metrics that support forecasting, seasonality, and targets/goals.
- Building reporting solutions using marketing datasets/systems such as leads, opportunities, accounts, sales activity from Salesforce, email activity from Marketo, and web activity from Adobe.
- Documented history of thinking outside the box to improve business results
- Excellent project management/agile skills
- Experience with reporting using attribution models
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.