- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of professional experience in related roles within an Enterprise organization
- 10+ years of hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: planning & process, communications (including executive-level), organizational change and development, and strategy execution
- 8+ years of experience directing and managing business critical, cross-functional programs and initiatives.
- 8+ years working with customers and/or business owners to define key business questions, to build data sets that answer those questions, and to deliver written and oral communications at all levels of the organization
The Business Engagement and Planning role supporting the General Manager, Healthcare for AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is a highly impactful role which serves as a liaison, a program leader, and consultant on numerous topics across the mission-based Healthcare team.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
You will work behind the scenes to lead programs and solve problems on behalf of the Healthcare leadership and customer sets.. This role is a strategic and trusted advisor to the Director and the Public Sector, Non-Profit Healthcare Leadership Team (LT). The candidate will establish communication best practices, rhythms, and measurement of strategic goals and objectives. This professional will leverage strategic planning, communication, and advisory skills to enhance the overall organizational management of the Mission-based Healthcare team in WWPS and will support the team in the development and execution of key business strategies.
The Business Engagement and Planning Lead will perform the following primary responsibilities:
Lead the implementation of functional programs across all territories and teams by:
Facilitate senior leadership decisions and processes by:
- Driving vertical and functional teams to determine best practices on key initiatives
- Developing, deploying, and ensuring best practices are shared appropriately
- Take leadership role for critical projects that span organization
- Own and/or improve programs by:
- Driving effective processes and establish and cultivate high presentation and communication standards, including creating and providing templates for key documents.
- Ensuring the highest standards are implemented in standard reporting and templatized documents and managing the coordination and consolidation of org-wide documents like monthly business reviews (MBRs), strategic objective reviews (SORs), annual Operational Plan, and other important business documents.
- Reviewing all materials in advance to ensure proper focus and level of details
- Ensuring consistent well-written narratives are delivered to the Director
- Supporting teams needing help thinking through problems (both business and communications)
- Building and maintaining operational cadence for Non-Profit Healthcare team
- Implementing systems ensuring strong follow-up management occurs on action items and questions with relevant leaders, account teams, influence stakeholders, and customers
- Drawing leadership focus and attention to key bottlenecks, identifying potential solutions, and leading implementation.
Support the Director to carry out efficient and effective management by:
- Ensuring time is focused on the highest value activities and issues
- Pre-reading and summarizing major business write-ups from teams
- Attending meetings as a proxy
- Building and managing agendas for leadership team and running standing team meetings
- Managing follow-ups to requests and action items, discovering root causes and leading fixes for the issues
- Providing an independent perspective, and acting as a sounding-board for ideas
- Offering feedback on internal issues that need addressing
- Creating content and managing communication for periodic update to WWPS leadership, Healthcare team leadership, all-hands meetings, and internal and external presentations
- Identifying recurring defects or processes that need stronger documentation and policing, and ensure adherence to policies where relevant across the various functions by identifying ways to measure and audit compliance with best practice
- Experience in healthcare, particularly engaging with health systems and providers
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, propensity to take ownership and deliver results where gaps exist, and the ability to be efficient with limited resources
- Experience navigating a global, matrixed, and virtual work environment
- Demonstrated leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
- Adept at Earns Trust across all levels and all functions of Non-Profit Healthcare, WWPS, AWS, and more broadly
- Ability to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Proven ability to establish relationships, lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed, technology-focused environment and delivering results with the right quality and in a timely fashion
- Previous experience as a strategy and operations leader in a large, complex organization
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us