- 5+ years of technology sales experience with a focus on quota-carrying roles
- Experience assisting customers with training assessment and developing training plans.
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology or training deals
- Experience in positioning and selling technology in new customers and new market segments
- Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Here's your chance to work as a Business Development Manager on our Training & Certification team to meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is a new and highly visible position which will have significant customer impact across many parts of the Americas. If you have a passion for learning, and believe you can compel customers to take advantage of our training services to advance their stage in the AWS migration journey, we’d like to speak with you.
In this role, you will work closely with our Enterprise customers, partners and account managers to help customers utilize AWS training programs that will accelerate adoption and usage of AWS services. You will develop and close a robust training pipeline by working with customers to understand their technical enablement challenges, developing detailed training proposals and helping customers with execution of training plans. We are looking for an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who thrives in fast-paced, initially unstructured environments to define, develop and help execute a go to market plan, make refinements while learning and consistently deliver on revenue targets. The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to help drive engagement at both the user and CXO level. The right candidate will have very strong communication skills to skillfully create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Conduct Training Needs Assessments with key customers.
- Developing large, at-scale sales campaigns
- Creating and executing on at-scale prospecting campaigns
- Develop detailed training proposals and plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
- Maintain a strong relationship with customers to ensure flawless execution of training plans.
- Evangelize AWS Training & Certification at company and industry events.
- Build & maintain a pipeline of training opportunities and provide regular forecasts.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to senior management.
Please note some travel may be required for team meetings, events, and shows, estimated at 25%.
This role can be located in New York, NY or Boston, MA metro area.
- Experience selling technical training services
- A technical background in engineering or computer science
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services or Cloud Computing concepts
- Marketing, operations and training delivery experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us