- 10+ years of sales, business development and partner management experience.
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics.
- Ability to communicate value proposition of joint partner solutions to technical and business audiences.
- Prior experience working with ISV and Systems Integrators to drive sales
- Ability to engage and influence C-level executives in end customer organizations.
- Prior direct sales experience in driving large complex deals
- Experience working within the enterprise software industry and knowledge of cloud / SaaS business models is highly desired.
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage our partnerships with the large ISV's globally. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of the future?
In this role within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Amazon’s infrastructure web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, IOT Analytics, AI/ML and Amazon SQS) across AWS’s most strategic business partners and their customers.
The AWS ISV Partner Ecosystem is growing, and these ISV's have capabilities capable of delivering business outcomes for customers. Partners provide AWS with scale and can help accelerate customer adoption and deliver value more rapidly. By teaming on opportunities, there is a greater ability to drive better outcomes for our customer. The Partner Development Manager will own the ISV partner's go-to-market globally and ensure that: 1) customers and sales teams understand the value of partners and how to engage; 2) a strategic plan is created for each geography; 3) partners have brand awareness and drive new customer demand; 4) partners know what is required for success in a given geography.
The Partner Development Manager leverages the partner to drive service adoption and exceptional customer outcomes globally based on the partner expertise. Ultimately you will be responsible for driving top-line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption working with the partner sales teams and channel. The ideal candidate will possess industry knowledge, direct sales and partner sales experience, and demonstrated proficiency scaling a business through a partner ecosystem. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
This position in particular requires knowledge around data center, applications, IOT and Cloud Solutions and how these are best implemented across the Enterprise market and Industrial vertical.
At Amazon, we live our professional lives by the Leadership Principals. When we hire, we look for those who are Amazonian rather than for someone who fits an exact resume mold. To us, diversity in thought and experience is a good thing. We are hiring for attitude and training for skill because we recognize success takes many paths. While possessing the above criteria would be helpful, if you have a passion for customer success - we want to talk to you. We are looking for someone who can help us create the next version of what it means to be a great partner to our ISVs. We will coach the right fit.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience working in the Data Center, Manufacturing, and Public Sector with partners and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Proven exceptional writing skills
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.