- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
- 3+ years relevant experience in financial/business analysis
- Experience in SQL
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analysis. Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Experience in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl
Are you excited about the cloud computing industry and leveraging cutting edge data analytics technologies and methodologies? Are you interested in driving business decisions through data analysis, reporting, and KPIs? Do you want to work on a team of Business Analysts and Software Developers to solve AWS’s most complex business problems through data?
The AWS Solutions Architecture (SA) Operations team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Business Analyst to own defining, building, and scaling metrics and analytical insights that will measure the success and drive the day-to-day behavior for the worldwide AWS SA function. In this role, you will work closely with members of the AWS WW SA Ops team to ensure we are capturing and surfacing the best data and information to make optimal business decisions. As a Business Analyst on the AWS WW SA Ops team, you will create self-service dashboards and reports and establish automated processes for large scale data analyses. Successful candidates will be analytical with business acumen, and detailed with excellent problem solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have a rock-solid background in data analysis, including experience extracting and manipulating data using SQL, leveraging advanced Excel features for data analysis, and producing digestible business intelligence and actionable information. The candidate should also have strong communication and project management skills, enabling them to work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical deliverables. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and ability to be scrappy.
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For builders with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and working with “Big Data”
- Hands-on in any BI tool like Tableau, PowerBI, Amazon QuickSight, etc
- Computer programming experience in Python, Ruby, or Java
- Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excited to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights