- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of professional experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics position
- Proficiency in SQL, and strong analytical and quantitative skills, with demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to test assumptions, formulate recommendations and drive action
Join us in building on AWS, for AWS!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“Cloud Computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Developers all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services. Our success depends on our world-class selling and field teams, and these teams rely on the Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team to power their activities. We’re handling massive scale, providing data that drives the AWS business internally, and delivering products and services to help our Amazon Web Service selling teams, marketing groups, and customers. We're building solutions to to enable us to arm our field teams with the actionable intelligence needed to engage and serve every possible AWS customer in the world, to the fullest.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Data Sourcing & Operations team that is focused on data sourcing, data governance, and data quality.
In this role expect to:
- Establish standards and rules for our data, and enable mechanisms for change management
- Perform due diligence and analysis on new data sources and provide inputs to the Product team
- Own tickets from triage to resolution
- Work with data owners on processes to enable and ensure data quality, evangelizing the importance of good data hygiene
- Develop and maintain metrics that drive key product and business decisions
- Perform routine data management activities like analysis, cleansing, and reporting
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and highlight risks
- High attention to detail, including precise and effective customer communications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with experience engaging and influencing senior leaders
- Experience working with engineering teams and Product Managers to get needed features prioritized on an engineering backlog
- Ability to work with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.