- 6+ years Field Sales or Sales Enablement Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Cloud Technology/SaaS/technology field
- 5+ years’ experience leading & developing senior managers
- 3+ years’ experience in Learning and development
- Bachelor's degree
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Technical Instructor to support our mission to become the most effective and efficient sales organization in the world. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take a high degree of ownership for the new hire onboarding program vision and execution. The successful candidate is an experienced technical trainer, ideally with hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and/or in-depth knowledge of software architecture and virtualization technologies.
Here’s your chance to train a growing team, with high visibility and significant customer impact. In this role, you will deliver training content to new hires in sales and marketing roles to support the culture, business acumen, technical proficiency, industry and partner expertise, and sales skills of the organization. You will have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive and establish positive new hire experiences.
A successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and proven technology training experience. You will be competent in a variety of facilitation methods and techniques for audiences of varied experience and skill. In this role, you will incorporate feedback, results data, and new skills into the program to support continuous improvement efforts.
Seattle, WA/ Boston, MA/ Dallas, TX/ Arlington, VA or other virtual locations in the U.S. where Amazon/AWS has a presence will be considered.
- Deliver instructor-led classroom training (virtual and in-person) to new hires on a regular schedule.
- Help shape the ongoing strategy and mission of the new hire onboarding program.
- Assist in developing and maintaining technical training content, exercises, presentations, quizzes, and networking groups.
- Propose and pilot new training content and evaluate effectiveness.
- Work with key stakeholders and vendors to ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Assist in the development of a formalized, global train-the-trainer program.
- Mentor and train internal trainers on new content, best practices, and continuous improvement processes.
- Uphold a high standard of facilitation execution; maintain a highly-organized and transparent facilitation program plan.
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired.
- Experience establishing and tracking performance metrics, with demonstrable success using performance data to drive continuous improvement.
- Experience as a B2B Sales Professional or Manager
- Passion for adult learning
- Experience with Cloud Technology
- Experience in developing situational fluency and executive conversations.
- Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute those plans.
- Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail required.
- A fast-thinking, high-energy individual with a sense of humor and ability to work with a wide range of personalities will thrive in this role.
- Passionate about enabling Sales Teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .