- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 - 10 years of public relations experience
- Enterprise technology/business-to-business PR experience required
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a creative, self-motivated, high-judgment, well-connected, and experienced public relations professional to drive communications programs for its growing services portfolio. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations experience, is an expert at translating complex technology concepts into broadly digestible stories, has experience with reputation management, and can exercise high-judgment while acting quickly.
The AWS PR Manager partners with AWS service, business, and marketing teams to develop and execute messaging, PR strategy, and innovative communications tactics. The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into technology and is motivated by a dynamic, highly creative culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. In this role, the candidate will have an opportunity to innovate new and interesting communications and influencer relations strategies. The candidate must be comfortable working sensitive issues and communicating with the media on issues that can impact AWS’s reputation.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations.
This location for the role will be negotiable (in an Amazon hub location preferred), and it will require periodic travel when appropriate.
- A track record of successfully representing high-profile enterprise Information Technology products, with enterprise software and/or enterprise storage experience desirable
- Familiarity with cloud computing
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Deep understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Excellent writing skills—experience writing press releases
- Excellent media relations skills—current experience managing media relationships, and a network of media contacts
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to dive deep and bias for action
- Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
- A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.