- 10+ years of experience including leadership positions in Finance and Administration agencies in the state and local government / public sector and/or technology-related business development.
- Demonstrated thought Leadership within the public sector innovation agenda, associated public policy, and funding mechanisms.
- Demonstrated experience in exceeding sales targets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Do you have an affinity for leading transformation and innovation in the public sector finance and administration; such as, finance, accounting, budgeting, Revenue, human capital management, payroll, procurement, supply-chain, warehouse/inventory management?
We are building a strategic business that is transforming operations of public sector Finance and Administration organizations by making them more efficient, agile, secure and resilient using the AWS cloud. By understanding and/or anticipating the needs of the public sector customers and educational institutions that develop, recommend, acquire, and deploy the technologies used to manage and allocate public funding, we are revolutionizing how these public sector entities improve their mission objectives of running an accountable and transparent government, ensuring elimination of fraud, waste and abuse.
In this role, you understand industry trends, have the business savvy, technical insight, relationships and public sector operational experience to influence and shape how public sector leaders lead government transformation in this vertical. You possess deep subject matter expertise, are excited about change, and enjoy working on complex, long-term strategic and innovative opportunities directly with key public sector decision makers, technology providers, start-ups, policy makers, trade associations, and influential industry consultants.
This role offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon Web Services innovation engine while working with the most innovative and demanding public sector customers.
As the Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for generating, managing, and executing high impact customer and partner activities while having a strong technical aptitude to identify best-in-class solutions in public sector Finance and Administration. Your focus on US State and Local government vertical will provide you with the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to address new challenges, build mindshare, and encourage the broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform to all industry stakeholders.
In this role you must have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skills to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and grit is a must. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and robust communication and presentation skills are critical.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the SLG Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and enablement for the US Finance and Administration vertical.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and strategic sales plays, working closely with key internal AWS stakeholders (sales, product, marketing, partner, legal, operations, etc.)
- Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and develop alliances and strategic partnerships with independent software vendors (ISVs) and system integrators.
- Build a business development pipeline through engagement with customers and partners.
- Be a thought leadership spokesperson at industry events and sponsored engagements.
- Understand the technical requirements of customers and work closely with internal teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the Finance and Administration vertical.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team on progress and roadblocks to extending our reach in the industry.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Be willing to travel up to 50%
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience including leadership positions in public sector Finance and Administration agency in the state and local government market.
- Digital transformation experience involving process re-engineering, and use of innovative technology/solutions and working with GSIs.
- CxO relationships and a large industry network.
- Meet/exceed Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
- Meet/exceed Amazon’s leadership principles expectations for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.