- 5 years+ of experience in delivering business focused & technology related training
- 3+ years demonstrated understanding of Cloud and Distributed computing concepts
- 2+ years experience conducting classroom training for cloud technology products and services or enterprise products.
- Business degree (i.e. MBA) or equivalent relevant 6+ years work experience required in sales or technical training.
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
If you have previous experience delivering sales and technology training and can communicate these concepts to audiences at different stages in a customer’s journey, we’d like to speak with you.
Here's your chance to work as a Partner Trainer for US within an organization which has high visibility and significant customer impact. The successful candidate is an experienced sales & technology instructor, ideally with hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and/or in-depth knowledge of distributed computing concepts and technologies (i.e. Cloud).
In this role, you will deliver training content to AWS Partners to drive adoption and usage of AWS infrastructure services. You’ll have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching and enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships. You will have excellent communication skills and proven technology and business training experience.
This position can be based virtually anywhere in the US or tied to a US AWS office.
This position will require travel throughout North America, estimated at 40-60%. However, all travels are on hold due to COVID-19 Pandemic and for the safety of employees. All training deliveries will be Instructor lead virtual sessions until further notice.
- Deliver training courses which incorporate AWS’s strategy, mission and technology with our sales and business development methodologies to employees and partners
- Demonstrate strong understanding of Cloud and Distributed computing concepts and ability to translate this knowledge to AWS Services
- Versatility in communicating to both business and technical personas involved in Cloud Computing purchasing and adoption decisions
- Conduct Partner training using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods, including classroom-based learning and virtual learning
- Strong understanding of Cloud and Distributed computing concepts and ability to translate this knowledge to AWS Services
- Demonstrate a strong “stage presence” and ability to engage and manage a classroom of adult learners.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects.
- Conduct skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement.
- Create an engaging learner experience in each training class with various training strategies.
- Work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Assist in the development of a formalized Train-the-Trainer program (when required).
- Provide content and class feedback to course developers to raise bar on curriculum quality.
- Mentor and train internal instructors as part of a train the trainer program.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience with learning management systems and e-learning development tools.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Recent experience in a fast-paced, multinational technology company.
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $108,000 - $160,000 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the San Francisco or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.