- 6+ years of experience working with event technology platforms, integrations, registration , API’s, and mobile applications.
- 5+ years of industry experience with event technology tools such as , Salesforce, Tableau, Splash, CVENT, RainFocus, etc.
- 5+ Years project / program management experience
- 2+ years working understanding of security concepts, such as data classification, risk assessments, and security reviews.
- 2+ years working understanding of privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required experience.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Program Manager, Event Technology to join the Global Team. You will fulfill the role of managing the deployment of event technology platforms for AWS’ marquee including re: Invent, re: Inforce and Summits Programs.
In this role, you will support various aspects of technology including the , development, integration, security reviews, and deployment. You will work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure a seamless, best-in-class attendee technology experience, and provide stakeholders with thorough insights and analytics services. This position will support innovation of data-driven observation within the team, with a focus on transforming event data into relevant, actionable recommendations, which improve event design and attendee experiences. This includes registration, content / session management, onsite check-in, session scanning, mobile app, lead sharing, and sponsor resource center. This role will be supporting the operationalization of a newly built internal platform to support our .
Responsibilities will include managing multiple technology products, delivering against established milestones to achieve team and stakeholder goals, contributing to long term strategic vision and process development.
The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized and detail-oriented individual with a track record of managing the deployment of event technology platforms and project implementations, with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities, while successfully resolving issues.
Position will be located in an Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office based in the following locations: Seattle, WA (HQ); Arlington, VA (HQ2); Palo Alto, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; Santa Cruz, CA; Portland, OR; Tempe, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Washington, DC; New York, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA; Nashville, TN; Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
- Work stream lead for the deployment of approved technology platforms, , as part of a larger event team.
- Identify, scale, produce, and execute event technology used across multiple .
- Work cross-functionally to conceptualize, plan, and flawlessly execute (virtual, physical and/or hybrid) that are repeatable and scale globally.
- Align event activities with business priorities across stakeholder groups.
- Works with Application Security within AWS to perform security reviews as needed.
- Works with event stakeholders to define data reporting requirements, and analysis of supporting data.
- Gathering stakeholder pre-event, onsite, and post-event reporting requirements.
- Creates detailed visualizations and analysis of event data, deriving actionable insights and recommendations.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies and technology vendors to support evolving event needs.
- Apply analytics to better understand attendees, their behaviors and interests, and improve engagement while driving the continual optimization of future , strategies, and plans.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Understanding of both the agency-side/platform-side and client side
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Event management experience in media, technology, education, transportation, and/or retail industries is highly preferred
- Willingness to travel onsite to site visits and as needed.
- Willing to roll up one’s sleeves to get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, including senior leaders
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities with a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment
- Proven analytical and data-driven decision-making capabilities
- Ability to easily move between generating big, creative ideas, and driving ongoing process improvement
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to escalate quickly and enable quick decision making.
- Collaborative attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.