- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years' technical industry equivalent experience
- 3+ years formal project management work experience
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) from PMI, global equivalent (i.e. Prince 2 Certification) or Certified Scrum Master certification (CSM).
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- 5 years' experience in a technical training or technical support field
- Operations management experience in a ticket-driven workload
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud, that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. The AWS Training & Certification Curriculum team develops training courses to educate our customers on AWS, along with our business partners and internal employees. These highly technical courses include instructor-led training (ILT) and digital e-learning courses, plus hands-on labs, all of which drive competencies and are designed and built to make our customers successful with AWS. The AWS T&C Curriculum team is currently seeking a driven, talented, and experienced Project Manager to support curriculum development projects across our various teams, and manage them through the process, from inception to release.
With direction from AWS T&C Curriculum Development Management, combined with your passion for project management, you will plan project resources, manage timelines, manage project issues and risks, monitor project progress, manage project budget and funding requirements, and report and document project metrics, timelines and results. In this role, it is expected that you will have the ability to influence and drive decisions related to complex technical concepts and content. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Plan and implement projects
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define tasks and required resources
- Coordinate project team
- Manage budget
- Create schedule and project timeline
- Track deliverables
- Lead meetings and set expectations for project team
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Present to stakeholders on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluate and assess results of project
This position must be based near an AWS office location in any of the following cities: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, or Santa Monica.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $____ - ____/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
All basic qualifications, plus the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience specifically in training project or program management - ideally in the area of training/education, curriculum development and/or instructional design
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders to define and implement processes for projects and programs
- Business & IT strategy experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Current AWS Cloud Practitioner certification or other AWS professional certification
- Experience with Clarizen project management software
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.