- 10+ years of strategy experience focused on sales strategy, business strategy or corporate strategy
- 7+ years of experience working within a global technology company or top tier management consulting firm
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of, the market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or related field
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in every major industry. Increasingly, these companies are looking at AWS not just as a technology provider, but as a strategic partner that can speed their ability to innovate in the fast and ever-changing digital economy.
As a member of the Sales Strategy group within the Sales Model Design and Go-To-Market Strategy team, you will lead change, enhancement to, and execution of the global customer segmentation and coverage model for the AWS Commercial Sales organization. The ideal candidate will partner closely with sales to better understand the customer journey and AWS adoption, gather best practices, conduct analysis and ultimately determine how to apply these learnings at scale into the Go-to-Market model. You will dive deep into customer segments and propose innovative solutions to support business growth objectives. The role will also be responsible for defining and understanding the effectiveness and performance of the model, while working across the organization to ensure critical foundational elements are both in place and evolving to support the changing needs of the model. This includes defining and representing the team on related strategic programs, process improvement work streams and tooling as needed, as well as helping to define metrics and build an investment prioritization model. This position will also lead sales strategy and transformation projects across the broader Sales Model Design & Go-to-Market team in support of the AWS Commercial Sales organization as required.
The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building, thinks strategically and analytically about business challenges, has experience in program management and has an analytic background to assist the AWS WW Commercial Sales organization in meeting its business objectives. We are looking for a candidate who Thinks Big: who can lay out strategic options underpinned by analysis and tied to financials, and create compelling strategic recommendations. The candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, simplifying where there's complexity, and has the foresight to anticipate business needs, make trade-offs, and balance business dynamics despite constraints.
You should have experience managing complex global programs for sales engagement in large, multi-national, preferably tech organizations. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen, sales strategy and program management experience, and a deep analytical background. Strong judgement as well as a demonstrated ability to influence without explicit authority are key to success.
Houston, TX USA - Austin, TX USA - San Jose, CA USA - Palo Alto, CA USA - San Francisco, CA USA - Denver, CO USA -Seattle, WA USA. Relocation assistance is available within the United States.
- Lead the definition, enhancement and implementation of a global customer segmentation and account coverage model.
- Conduct research, develop analysis and synthesize learnings to create and support recommendations that drive change to the sales model or in support of strategic GTM programs and transformation initiatives.
- Define performance measures and reporting requirements, working individually and with analysts, to evaluate effectiveness of GTM models, programs and initiatives.
- Partner and collaborate with Sales, Finance, Operations, Enablement and other key stakeholder groups at all levels of the organization; influence effectively across all areas and levels of the organization.
- Identify issues and challenges related to sales strategy projects, and drive timely resolution.
- Participate in strategy projects as need.
- Up to 15% travel post Covid
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 12+ years of strategy experience focused on sales strategy, business strategy, corporate strategy or GTM management consulting with a top tier firm
- MBA or other relevant advance degree
- GTM experience, specifically in customer segmentation and/or coverage related projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
- Detail-oriented with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize for the long-term
- Meets/Exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $115,000 - $160,000 yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.