- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years' technical and/or testing industry equivalent experience
- 3+ years formal project management work experience
- Operations management experience
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
The AWS Certification team builds and maintains a portfolio of AWS Certifications. It is currently seeking a Project Management Program Manager to drive and support project management across our teams. You will plan project resources, manage timelines, manage project issues and risks, monitor project progress, and report and document project metrics, timelines and results. You will identify, evaluate, and implement technology solutions to improve our overall efficiency. You will influence and drive decisions related to process improvement and other similar business problems.
- Develop a deep understanding of the exam development process.
- Manage the overall exam development project plan, working in concert with cross-functional stakeholders to identify inter-dependencies and ensure successful execution of plans.
- Coordinate end-to-end planning and timely completion of activities/initiatives across all work streams (e.g., exam development, certification technical architecture, product management, exam delivery, localization, etc.).
- Manage project plans and milestones.
- Manage and execute internal team communications to ensure cross-functional teams are informed and aware of launch timing and updates.
- Identify and implement ways to improve processes, including use of technology where appropriate.
- Use data and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to optimize and continuously improve exam development processes and procedures.
- Manage multiple priorities as an independent, self-starter with excellent time management within a rapidly evolving business.
- Help stakeholders to define project scope, goals, deliverables, tasks, and required resources.
- Lead meetings and set expectations for cross-functional teams
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Present to stakeholders on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
This role can be performed near any US AWS office in the following cities: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, or Santa Monica.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $98,700 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- 3+ years’ experience specifically in project or program management - ideally in the area of exam development
- Technology acumen, preferably experience in training or support roles, but minimally understand cloud technologies and distributed computing and relate back to IT role functions
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders to define and implement processes for projects and programs
- Experience in or familiarity with certifications and/or assessments industry
- Analytical and organizational skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) from PMI or global equivalent (e.g. Prince 2 Certification or Certified Scrum Master certification)
- Proficiency in project management software tools (e.g., Clarizen)
- An agile, flexible individual with a “can-do”, problem-solving attitude and approach to managing ambiguity in a fast-evolving environment.
- Ability to break down tasks, simplify roadmaps, establish owners and timelines, and provide status reporting.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records