- Technical engineering experience
- Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for one (1) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or 2 years of equivalent work experience
Do you want to help our customers to adopt cutting edge cloud computing technology, solve the biggest of “big data” problems, work with Internet scale distributed systems, and see the impact of your work with happy and successful customers?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for motivated technologists who have a desire to work in the cloud computing industry, where you will build your technical skills as well as learn from top subject matter experts and industry thought leaders. You will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. As a trusted customer advocate, the technical account manager will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, as well as diagnose and reproduce technical issues with our technology products. You will provide ongoing support and technical guidance to help plan and build solutions using best practices, and proactively help in keeping your customer’s AWS environments operationally healthy. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a technical account manager. This position will require the ability to travel 10% or more as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build a strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
- Work with customers of all sizes to execute on the Enterprise Support value proposition of AWS
- Assist with operational support needs for customers already using AWS
- Collaborate with experienced technical account managers to craft and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS communities
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Effectively represent AWS within a customer’s environment, and drive discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs and risk management
The TAM is the centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers. If you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- 2+ years of technical engineering experience
- Experience of AWS services, such as Elastic Compute Cloud, Elastic Block Storage, and Simple Storage Service or equivalent experience with infrastructure services
- Oral and written communication skills, including customer-facing interactions
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly; ability to think abstractly
- Experience with design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS and/or other cloud offerings
- Experience in customer-facing business presentations covering business and technical aspects
- Experience scripting languages and coding skills for one (1) or more of the following: Ruby, C/C++/C#, Node.JS, Java, Python, and PHP
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.