- 2+ years of experience in IT sales and/or technical background
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships
- Experience managing numerous requests and time demands concurrently
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- Proficiency using CRM software and Outlook
Would you like to help our customers to accelerate the adoption of Amazon Web Services through use of our Training & Certification services? Do you understand and have passion for how AWS training and skills transfer to our customers can help them get started quickly on our platform and help them leverage AWS services to innovate? If so, this role might be an amazing growth opportunity for you. Amazon Web Services Training and Certification is building a new team to help more companies make the move to AWS by leveraging training services. If you are passionate about cloud technologies, sales and education, AWS Training and Certification Business Development team could be the right fit for your next career move.
As a Training and Certification Associate Business Development Manager (BDM), you will be centrally located in our HQ2 in Washington DC. The role has a specific focus on evangelizing and selling our Training and Certification services as our customers have told us that AWS training has been one of the most effective mechanisms to accelerate their cloud journey. You will have the exciting opportunity to help prospects and customers make the transformational move to AWS by using training services we offer. To support your outbound sales efforts, AWS will use multi-modal, targeted campaigns, to help you identify new customer training opportunities. Once engaged with a customer or prospect, you will successfully understand customer business issues by using excellent listening and communication skills, demonstrate how these issues can be solved and the unique benefits of solving them with AWS Training and Certification services. Your primary responsibilities will include prospecting persistence to identify, create, qualify and close smaller opportunities. More complex opportunities will be qualified using an opportunity management process and ensure that opportunities are handed off to appropriate field BDMs or field sales resources in a customer obsessed manner. Your success will be measured by achievement of individual and team pipeline and revenue goals.
While this role can be performed virtually anywhere in the US, a preference is for candidates in Seattle or Arlington locations
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $86,200 - $150,800/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling cloud training services
- Self-starter, with proven professional success, who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience navigating prospective accounts from and into a senior executive level to identify new customer opportunities in a focused market space
- Skill at presenting, at a high level, a technical solution to prospects and customers relevant to their industry or target market.
- Knowledge to differentiate and understand various IT roles and responsibilities
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Record of success in an outbound sales or prospecting role in B2B environments, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
- Skilled in prospecting techniques
- Advanced Salesforce.com experience including the development of dashboards and reports, programing experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing; understand and identify opportunities for customers
- Competence developing and delivering presentations to large and diverse audiences
- Demonstration of interest in developing a technology sales career
- Sales certification from accredited university
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us