Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!The Opportunity
The Digital Video and Audio (DVA) team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help architect, design and implement our internal cross-platform UI framework, codenamed Drover. Drover is an advanced best-of-class cross-platform GUI framework, used by many of our flagship applications - Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Premiere Rush, etc. Drover has it all - HW accelerated graphics, advanced layout containers, styling, common controls, UI widgets, data-binding, Come join a small, very high-powered team, and design and implement the next version of the framework!
Your work will be very visible, and will have a direct impact on $1B+ of company revenue!
What you'll do
What you need to succeed
- Architect, design and implement high quality software subsystems, components, and GUI widgets enabling rapid cross-platform application development.
- Define quality, performance, scalability, extensibility, manageability, and testability requirements. Ensure the software you develop meets these requirements.
- Implement reusable high-level user experience workflows. Integrate them into host applications.
- Monitor and continuously improve released software.
- Collaborate with other teams, who depend on the tech stack.
- You are a fast and pragmatic engineer. You get things done in a fast, gradual and incremental fashion. You are an agile practitioner.
- You are proficient in cross-platform C / C++.
- You are passionate about GUI development, and about building and utilizing a best-of-class GUI framework. You are very familiar with modern GUI design and development patterns - declarative UI, MVVM, MVP, data-binding, commanding.
- You are passionate about performance - enabling fluid UX.
- You have knowledge of / expertise in Metal (MacOS) and and / or D2D / DX (Windows)
- You are not afraid to dig deep. You know how to unblock yourself.
- You embrace continuous learning.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge or experience developing media (audio/video/image) applications a plus.
In the Adobe DVA team, you will experience the energy of a start-up company backed by the resources of one of the greatest software companies in the world. It’s a perfect place to grow your career and unleash your potential. Come to enjoy the thrill of crafting a great product and the rush of developing it with people as passionate and hardworking as you.