Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe is looking for an outstanding Senior Quality Engineer to join the
After Effects team, focusing primarily on application performance, playback
and rendering. You will collaborate on test execution, champion customer
requirements throughout the development process, write and execute test
plans and write automated test cases for core components of After Effects.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working within large ecosystems and
applications used by creative professionals.
What you will do
- Ensure a high-quality bar for architectural and rendering changes in After Effects which will save customers time and make the app more approachable for new users.
- Work closely and efficiently with Quality Engineers (QE), Developers, Product Management, Program Management, and User Experience Designers.
- Engage directly with our (passionate) customers. Seek to understand the challenges of both our Developer and non-Developer customers as we expand the functionality of After Effects.
- Work effectively across teams. Our work touches parts of the broader Digital Video & Audio (DVA) & Adobe wide ecosystems.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years as a professional Quality Engineer, including black- and white-box testing.
- You can talk about the products you’ve shipped, what tests you wrote and executed, how you automated the repetitive tasks and how your work made the product better for customers.
- Knowledge and experience testing performance in desktop applications for both Windows and MacOS.
- Knowledge and interest in modern CPU and GPU hardware.
- Can read and understand C++ code for both Windows and MacOS.
- Fluent in using Visual Studio and XCode Development tools for building and debugging code as needed.
- Experience using source control systems such as Git.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills in After Effects, Premiere Pro or another video composition/editing application.