Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!Senior Software Engineer
Marketo (an Adobe Company) provides easy-to-use, powerful and complete marketing software that propels fast-growing small companies and global enterprises, turning marketing from a cost center into a revenue driver. We are a leader in cloud software, recently rated in the top 50 of the Deloitte Technology fast 500. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We are a dynamic, focused team in the midst of a major re-architecture of our core platform. We use state of the art technologies to build sophisticated solutions. Would you like to work on a collaborative team with a small company culture and access to big company resources?
Our downtown office is in the tech hub of Portland, OR, with easy commute options and a radically inclusive culture. We provide you with competitive compensation including equity, corporate discounts, an excellent parental leave plan, and generous health benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc).
The best person for this job won't necessarily be the one with everything on our wish list, but will be the person who shows they can learn, collaborate, and contribute to our culture.
What you'll need to succeed:
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years total development experience, designing, and developing large-scale Web applications with high availability and reliability, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Experience interacting with relational databases and ORMs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to problem solve, in both current and legacy code
- Experience using a version control system (Git preferred)
- Experience using Redux
- Experience using Docker
- Experience using functional programming paradigms and immutable data structures
- PHP knowledge/experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
- Experience utilizing WebSockets/Socket.io
- Knowledge of NoSQL datastores like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience working in an Agile culture (preferably Scrum)
- Experience with open-source application/web servers like Tomcat, NodeJS, Nginx, Apache