Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!The Challenge
Are you interested in the chance to work on a professional creative software product that touches millions of customers across the world? If so, the Photoshop team is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join us in shaping the future of Photoshop! You will lead a multi-team organization, modernizing this world-class product and deliver an incredible user experience.
What you'll Do
- Lead an organization composed of multiple teams focused on cloud, extensibility, cross-platform collaboration, and development excellence
- Directly manage and mentor a small group of talented managers, supporting their organizational and personal effectiveness and career growth.
- Drive the team and collaborate with others across all functional disciplines to embrace and extend modern development practices, testing methodologies, and tooling to ensure quality and performance in all phases of development
- Partner closely with core technology teams and to balance cross-platform consistency with platform optimizations
- Cultivate a diverse and creative environment that helps challenge and strengthen your team and those around you
- Anticipate issues, suggest solutions, and partner with fellow managers to provide your team the best opportunities for success
- Expertly balance the constant demands between features, schedule and quality
- Dedicate your work and time to building a strong and culture, a healthy, scalable codebase & infrastructure, and the best Photoshop experience possible
You are someone who...
What you need to succeed
- Loves software and marrying art with science to enable creative people to fully express themselves more efficiently and effectively
- Is a team-player and is looking to contribute to something greater than yourself
- Is a motivated, self-starter, who can make progress quickly even when there is ambiguity
- Is a critical thinker, who possesses strong analytical skills tempered with empathy and emotional intelligence
- Is able to organize and prioritize your work in order to make the best use of your time and capabilities
- Cares deeply about customers, quality, craftsmanship, and polish
- Is a phenomenal listener and communicator, able to digest, synthesize, and distill complex information and communicate clearly
- In the face of adversity is are able to adapt and persevere, all while maintaining a healthy, balanced long-term perspective
- Is a quick learner and is always looking to improve yourself, and see challenges and setbacks as opportunities to learn
- Loves learning from and helping mentor quality engineers in a constantly evolving technical landscape
- A bachelor's degree (or master's) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience managing large software development teams and/or organizations
- Expertise in cloud services, large-scale application development, and devops
- A commitment to challenging the status quo, continuous improvement, and lifelong learning
- Understanding of Photoshop, experience working with complex products and codebases