Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!The Opportunity
Global ecommerce sales will surpass $4T this year as digital shopping transforms the way customers buy and businesses operate. In this constantly evolving market, companies expect their eCommerce platform to quickly adapt to dynamic business requirements and unexpected market shifts. Adobe Commerce provides businesses with the agility and flexibility they need to win. The Experience and Extensibility Commerce team is responsible for executing on this value proposition by providing a serverless developer platform to customize, integrate, and extend commerce processes and experiences.
What you'll Do
You will operate at the intersection of business and technology, understanding key commerce processes to integrate with front and back-office systems, coordinate the delivery of key extensions that enhance our feature set, and support the launch of our new commerce extensibility platform. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Engaging customers and analyzing the market to define product strategy
- Writing detailed requirements that decompose complex business processes into actionable microservice development plans.
- Partnering with engineering to evolve our Commerce platform architecture, transform monolithic systems into microservices, deliver a common set of services and APIs applicable for all sales channels and ensure resiliency features are built
What you'll need to succeed
- Leading the business case to ensure that the services we develop have a viable COGS model and can be cost effectively operated and delivered
- Acting as the voice of the product supporting sales opportunities, working with Product Marketing on messaging and enablement, and evangelizing our extensibility platform to the market
- Supporting our transformation to a cloud-native, microservices solution
We’re looking for a product manager who is business savvy, empathetic to customer and developer needs, and possesses technical depth – particularly has a deep interest in delivering new microservices and contributing to the long term platform architecture.
- You learn new things quickly and are passionate about the ecommerce space
- You have a deep understanding of digital commerce, the underlying processes, and solution provider ecosystem
- You are known for providing unambiguous and accurately structured requirements supporting both functional and non-functional requirements
- You are self-aware and instinctively know when to adjust your communication style to appeal to different clients – technical and non-technical audience
- You effectively translate complex processes into simple concepts and be able to communicate business value and impact to customer experience
- You enjoy collaborating with developers and learning about new technologies
- You have experience delivering results through distributed teams as a consultant or product manager and willing to be based in San Jose, CA.