Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!The Opportunity
An exciting position has opened for a public sector legal counsel based in Adobe’s McLean, VA office. The successful candidate will primarily focus on a broad range of outbound enterprise licensing and sales matters primarily for our public sector customers including the U.S. government, U.S. state and local governments, Canadian government and provincial and territorial governments for on-demand, managed and professional services and on-premise software – areas that are essential to Adobe's success. The position also offers opportunities to help shape processes, build templates, create and provide training and work with our Compliance and Government Relations teams.
What you'll Do
You'll negotiate complex software license and professional services agreements, supporting enterprise licensing and sales of on-demand service/cloud-based offerings and driving strategic transactions. In addition, you'll counsel Sales, Sales Management and other key partners on a variety of government regulation, licensing, intellectual property, commercial item, anti-trust and privacy and data security law topics.
What you need to succeed
- We are looking for someone with a can-do demeanor who can provide innovative solutions that balance legal and business concerns, is focused on the customer, and a phenomenal teammate. In addition, the candidate should have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience with a law firm or in-house
- The applicants must possess a J.D. Degree, and be an active member of the bar (any jurisdiction).
- Substantive legal knowledge and the ability to counsel Sales and other key partners in the following areas: government procurement, GSA contracting, commercial items contracts, licensing, data privacy and security, intellectual property, and other software industry issues
- Solid understanding of FAR and DFARS acquisition regulations and government contract law required
- Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating RFPs, enterprise software licenses and professional services contracts strongly preferred
- Experience supporting enterprise sales and cloud-based offerings is a strong plus
- Experience supporting indirect sales is a plus
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, a good communicator, and an active listener
- Excellent drafting skills
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join an encouraging, dynamic legal department in a company which values all employees and offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.