Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!Position Overview:
This is a critical role within Consumer Communication Platform team, aligning into Cloud Tech Business Unit. The Engineer is encouraged to take accountability of enabling Marketing automation and various platform needs for technical deliveries. The Engineer would be responsible for Solution, Design, Development, and Delivery of premier quality code.
We are currently building the platform using modern container orchestration technologies. Our hardworking team of developers are building highly available, low latency services based on many cloud capabilities such as AWS lambda, SQS etc for building one of the largest Adobe Campaign implementations. Many of our projects are all based on Micro services which brings in great amount of stability and scalability to our architecture. We use best-in class supporting tools like GitHub, Slack and whatever else makes us productive.
Our processes are adapted incrementality to adapt to our needs and as a team we trust each other to do the job outstandingly well.
- Responsible for working with the Product Owner/Product Manager to collect business requirements.
- Responsible for technical solutions with detailed designs, and proof of concepts.
- Responsible for writing good quality code and unit testing (automated). “Does it right the first time” approach with the developer responsible for his/her own code quality.
- Responsible for following development practices and often refactoring code to reduce technical debt. Document them as needed.
- Responsible for delivering working software of the highest quality, meeting specifications and agreed timelines.ow
- Responsible for reviewing code of team members.
- Responsible for fixing product defects and attending to critical production issues.
- Responsible for encouraging innovation within the team
- This will require working as a Scrum team member in an Agile Scrum model, and to interact closely with multiple partners like Product Owner, System Architects, Management, dependent Scrum teams, Devops, etc.
- Provide estimates of user stories in Story Points, and detailed task estimates in hours.
- Showcase technical leadership capabilities and lead the delivery end to end.
- 7-9 years of software engineering experience
- Strong coding experience in solving sophisticated problems involving data structures and algorithms
- Experience building web applications integrating with various backend services
- Experience in implementing various AWS \ Azure Services
- Sound knowledge of OOP with Java preferably being the primary programming language
- Exposure to any Marketing automation tools and concepts is a good to have.
- Experience in new JS frameworks like ReactJS desirable
- Experience in Marketing Automation solutions like Adobe Campaign highly desirable
- Prior experience in mentoring junior Engineers on the team
- Should have worked on projects that follow Scrum or similar agile development methodology
- Experience in Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Delivery is desired
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage time, handle workload, multi-task, prioritize, and meet timelines
- Education: Any graduation or post-graduation is fine. Computer Science Engineer is preferred