Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!The Opportunity
Are you an enthusiastic storyteller who enjoys empowering others to find their voices, tell their stories, and share their experiences? Does the idea of building a communications strategy from the ground up sound like a worthwhile challenge? Adobe Design is looking for a Communications Manager that will help us to develop a strategy for sharing our work and building a stronger presence in the design community.
What you'll be working on
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We’re passionate about helping people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. Our centralized, full stack design team, Adobe Design, is committed to championing the human centered experience across all of our products, and we are looking for someone that can help us tell our story!
As part of Team Operations, the Communications Manager
will be responsible for developing the strategy and execution of communications functions including:
What you'll need to succeed
- Building an external facing communication strategy that will elevate Adobe Design's public profile through a variety of methods, channels, and platforms.
- Developing a culture of storytelling within Adobe Design. Cultivate and encourage designers from a diverse set of backgrounds to develop their voice and share the stories behind their work. Be the chief-editor and supporter for this work.
- Developing a corresponding internal strategy that reflects our external facing efforts, and provides consistent, useful messaging to our org members.
- Provide support on larger scale projects that span Team Operations as needed.
The right candidate for this role will be experienced and have probably held job titles like editor, content producer, web producer, or have held similar communications related roles.
How to Apply
- 3-5 years of communications experience, editorial or professional writing experience, ideally for a design, UX-related, or creative lifestyle publication
- A proven track record of excellent long-form writing and editorial skills
- Keen interest and ideally some understanding about how designers, researchers, content strategists, and developers collaborate to create great user experiences
- Experience with social media, SEO, and data analytic tools and how to use them to measure success to make informed decisions is desirable
- An understanding and ability to strategize around how to package content for different channels
- A comfort with exploring new technologies and mediums on the job (eg: image editing, podcasting, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Ability to develop and collaborative partnerships across all levels of our matrixed organization
- Willing to provide feedback and nurture contributors, while being tenacious enough to push people to meet deadlines
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume. We’d especially like to see examples that demonstrate your ability implement strategic communications solutions at scale, and examples of your editorial work.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world’s ability to create and communicate. We’re a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe’s three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.