Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The management of projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs. The role acquires and utilizes the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. The adoption and adaptation of project management methodologies based on the context of the project and selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Additionally, the Tech Project Manager is capable to manage technology focused projects and understands software solutions or system architecture (e.g. SAP).Key Responsibilities:Portfolio, program and project support
- Takes responsibility for the provision of support services to projects.
- Uses and recommends project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects.
- Sets up and provides detailed guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Supports program or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Provides basic guidance on individual project proposals.
- May be involved in aspects of supporting a program by providing a cross program view on risk, change, quality, finance or configuration management.
Requirements definition and management
- Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization.
- Assists in defining acceptance tests for these recommendations.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for small-scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives.
- Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements.
- Provides constructive challenge to stakeholders as required.
- Prioritizes requirements and documents traceability to source.
- Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Provides input to the requirements base-line.
- Investigates, manages and applies authorized requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 5-year experience in IT
- 2 years of experience in relevant area
- 1 year of experience in team management
- Understanding of different culture
- Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets