As a Senior Finance & Business Controller
at adidas, you are the central point of contact within the Studio A organization (Global and local hubs) in the field of financial and business data. You manage and optimize the financial systems and through thorough analyzes and reports you support Studio A in its further growth strategy. You will use your experience in a similar environment to consult with stakeholders in problem-definition, setting success metrics and shaping the way forward through data insights and effective communication and reporting with internal stakeholders.
You are able to manage stakeholders largely autonomously (seeking for help in complex scenarios) based on your experience by prioritizing business impact, efficiently adapting to business needs, and managing expectations accordingly.
In the role of business controller you provide sharp data-driven advice within the organization, often involving you in strategic choices regarding projects and budget forecasting. You will have a deep practical understanding of the data, workflows, methods, and tooling to autonomously drive analysis and reporting within your scope and you will be able to flag shortcomings, inefficiencies or improvements in the approach based on business and user needs.Studio A is a team working across the globe, combining our different experiences and expertise to raise the bar for digital content across adidas and to create content with a clear sense of purpose. We're organised as a network of hubs, working together as one team between Amsterdam, Herzogenaurach, Portland & Shanghai.
- Financial Data Analysis and monitoring
- Reporting and monitoring monthly, quarterly the Studio A business performance, budget and KPIs and influence corrective actions in a timely manner. Making both planned and ad hoc, financial insights that show the possibilities to improve the performance of the business.
- Supporting the development of financial reporting and KPI’s for the Operations Team to provide insights, analysis and information required to effectively run the global Studio for the leadership team.
- Focus on managing financial data quickly and accurately, identifying potential issues and fixing ad-hoc reports to deliver the right data to senior management team.
- Connecting “the dots” between different systems in Studio A, departments, and platforms to identify red flags in reporting and related operational processes.
- Periodically reconcile the data with the Finance administration and assuring that the financial data is accurate and up to date.
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Drives the yearly budgeting and forecasting topics for the adidas internal digital Studio A and hubs.
- Production & maintenance of forecasting and budgeting tools and models across all workstreams and initiatives, ensuring integrity of financial models.
- Ensuring forecasts are submitted in a timely manner, are accurate, built on sound assumptions and are communicated efficiently to the relevant stakeholders.
- Encourage and drive process improvement activities.
- Key Relationships:
- Operations team
- Special projects team
- Agile project teams
- Finance department
- A completed education of at least Bachelor’s degree level in the field of Finance & Control, Business Economics or Business Administration.
- Approximately 3-6 years of work experience in a similar position.
- A commercial feeling where experience with omnichannel retail is an advantage.
- Analytical and conceptual, this is apparent from your study results, your thoroughness and out of the box problem solving approach
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and extensive experience with reporting tools (experience with analyzing financial results, preparing business cases)
- Strong analytical skills and great affection with data and data systems (knowledge of Power BI is a plus)
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies, hands on experience with analytical tools and writing SQ
- Comfortable working with huge amounts of data from multiple sources, including setting up data pipelines
- Good general business acumen (preferable experience in data-rich analysis-driven organizations)
- Fluent English both verbally and written
- A flexible, critical, and proactive attitude.
- Excellent advisory skills and a clear communication style; able to work with different levels of stakeholders
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business processes and business partners
- Exceptional skills communicating to a wide variety of audiences, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment amidst uncertainty and with loosely defined requirements
- Ability to work within a team or individually with minimal supervisory direction
- Uses a variety of influencing styles to ensure the finance position is understood and considered
- Self-motivated, flexible and a high level of initiative