As a Manager Buying Governance at adidas you are responsible to supervise one or several planning & buying processes. This role is responsible of assuring proper standards and processes between all stake holders, also implementing key merchandising principles as defined by the organization. The aim is to maximize profitability of adidas.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Drive eCOM product planning and trading processes to enable proper market planning, forecasting, buying, realize business in-season opportunities and act accordingly.
- Work with Planning & Buying Director in executing the global merchandising goals and ensure implementation by working with the BU's and markets
- Oversee implementation of pre-season strategy for OTB Planning & Management following the Digital targets
- Drive guidance and governance of eCom buy plan
- Participate and give input in seasonal Buy Sign Off
- Ensure Digital initiatives incorporated into markets planning & buying process
- Implement eCOM channels specifics into the global processes
- Build with markets E2E Planning & Buying process
- Contribute to the enhancement of all merchandising systems and tools, working with the Business Solution Team, Global IT and analytics team to meet world class merchandising best practice
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a merchandising training program
- To contribute in defining and establishing KPI’s, processes and tools.
- Partner with the eCommerce buying teams, BU and market merchandising teams to ensure that the adidas.com range is bought per expected growth rate demand
- "If required" Responsibilities - People Management
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business processes and business partners
- Very good communication & negotiation skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Good people management skills are a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Structured, organized and process orientated
- Attention to detail as error in analysis will have crucial impact to business
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and under pressure
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Project management and project monitoring experience
- Good understanding of IT products and capabilities
- Fluent English both verbally and written
- Degree with focus on Business Administration, Communication or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong skill set needed for pre-season Planning and Buying for a multichannel direct-to-consumer (own retail, franchise, and e-com) global brand, acquired through advanced training, studies, and relevant working experience.
- Deep knowledge of merchandising and retail/ecommerce supply and operations topics and broad knowledge of other functional areas involved in the Planning & Buying process
- Experience in managing highly complex processes, involving multiple teams in different geographies
- Experience in product management and/or working using agile/SCRUM methodologies
- 4-5 years adequate work experience, including 2-3 years merchandising experience