Create, drive, and implement strategic framework of NCAA Sports Marketing partnerships. The Director will be responsible for managing day-to-day external aspects of each partnership in relation to trademark Licensing and Sports Marketing while providing strategic insight into Product and Brand Activation programming.
Own the relationship management of our partner schools including annual budget planning, strategic partnership direction and licensing approvals to ensure that we are maximizing the return on investment for our NCAA partnerships.
Support and assist in leading the NCAA strategy via cross-functional collaboration, as well as manage the school’s input in our GTM(go to market) processes.
- Co-develop strategy for NCAA business with Sr. Director of NCAA, working in close alignment with NCAA Sales and Brand Communications leadership
- Provide guidance to sales and brand communication when needed in strategy implementation
- Lead and manage NCAA partner seasonal activation moments
- Lead NCAA team in developing strategic business/financial plans in relation to licensing, acquisition and relationship management
- Own & manage league licensing relationships (CLC, Fermata, Learfield & School Licensing Directors)
- Identify and collaborate with one commercial team on new sales opportunities and channels via new licenses or product categories.
- Partner with Sports Marketing/Business Unit to negotiate the terms of new NCAA contracts in licensing and marketing
- Teach Product Strategy & Direction to sales (Key items, Chaseable styles vs. book only) and develop product segmentation
- Collaborate with Licensed Sales force, ecommerce, and aTS merchandising team on product assortment
- Owns success of college product sales, stories, plans and KPI’s while staying authentic to the adidas brand message.
- Lead and develop the performance of direct reports across licensing and partner activation
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong industry knowledge
- Need cross functional experience (merchandising, marketing and sales)
- Strong understanding of league business: consumers, accounts, commercial needs, etc.
- Track record of strong business judgement and analyse data to improve strategic decision making
- Ability to build relationships with executive leadership, across multiple internal functions, licensing agencies and partner school Administration
- Strong negotiation skills as related to contracts, partnerships, rights, etc.
- Skill in collaborating and influencing in a heavily matrix organization
- Strong management skills, proven leadership and the ability to develop and direct a team
- Excellent follow up and communications skills
- Ability to steer implementation of creative marketing plans
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate internal and external project teams
- Strong financial acumen and financial analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum 10+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (MBA preferred)High level of experience in leading a multifunctional organization
- Proven track record of collaboration and people management preferred
- A good understanding of NCAA collegiate sports and industry is a plus.