Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Develop the strategy for and manage the execution of DTC channel (eCom and Concept Store) merchandising plans that deliver target business growth, improvement in our Brand Health KPIs and Own the Game strategy working in close co-operation with the Channel Buying and Planning teams, Brand Activation and BUs.Key Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of merchandisers to execute an end-to-end seasonal CTC process from initial market input to Final Lines and ensuring key concepts align to brand strategy and are consumer relevant.
- Lead the development and execution of optimum category concepts / product assortment to deliver against the agreed commercial requirements.
- Responsible for input of product requirements, defining the product vision within the account and working closely with Business Unit's, Commercial, and brand activation to ensure goals are met.
- Drive Creator Club Member acquisition to 100M members by 2025 and incorporate unique product offer to support a Members first strategy.
- Responsible for briefing and delivery of SMU process.
- Create an aligned seasonal marketing calendar incorporating all relevant aspects of product, retail and brand activity.
- In conjunction with the range architecture team, Category Business Unit's and Commercial define the account product strategy and roadmap.
- Execute and manage the range proposition process from virtual download to sales launch including Final Line process. Ensuring smooth account interaction process.
- Ensure the brand wins at point of purchase in key categories and doors/.com presenting the brand in a compelling and engaging way.
- Ensure share of space especially in key locations and doors.
- Provide regular analysis of sell-through performance of all facets to the relevant category teams and contribute to strategic planning based on that analysis.
- Be the lead marketing point of contact both internally and externally for product / ranging process / activation.
- Clearly define the category product proposition including retail price strategy, forecasting consolidation and phasing approach.
- Closely co-operate with Global CTC teams to secure a best practice level of implementation of global brand and product strategy.
- Accountable, along with team for interpretation of Sales Data, making fast conclusions and building interpretation into future season planning for the Account and input into Business Unit’s.
- Collaborate with channels to ensure proper implementation of Global & Local go-to-market strategies and tool such as Brand Collection and DTC Exclusives.
- Collaborate with US Demand Planning team and Supply Chain Management functions as appropriate.
- Understand the retail environment including distribution points, share of buy, competitor ranges and pricing strategies.
- Support in strategic concept work, business planning and execution with channel teams.
- Work with Business Unit product & channel marketing teams to ensure channels have required materials on time in full including strategic and seasonal priorities, advertised styles, channel allocations, franchise plans, brand marketing materials and activation tools.
- Collaborate with channel teams in Hindsight and Buy Sign Off meetings to ensure key learnings are taken into account for future range planning.
- Ensure that global and local DTC Exclusives and Member Exclusives are ranged and maximized by channel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- To staff most suitable persons in direct report positions.
- To set personal objectives, targets, guidelines and assess all reports.
- To develop the functional and social skills of direct reports on and off the job.
- To manage all reports as an integrated team by setting team objectives, targets and guidelines.
- To ensure smooth cooperation of all direct reports as one team, internally and externally.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- High professional maturity.
- Highly collaborative with strong communication skills.
- High influencing skills and ability to make fact based decisions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Structured, organized and process orientated.
- Previous experience in Category Management or Merchandising/ Ranging/ SMU / Buying.
- Strong business acumen, ability to assume a broader perspective (cross-markets/ global).
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and under pressure.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office.
- Fluent in English.
- Degree in business administration with focus on Sales/ Marketing.
- Business: minimum of 8 years.
- Functional: minimum of 8 years in Category Management/ Ranging/ Merchandising Experience or account marketing / sales.
- Leadership: minimum of 8 years in management.
- Cross-functional experience, ideally with marketing/sales/finance/operations.
- Industry: sporting goods/ retail/ consumer goods.