Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
Iterative design to enhance user satisfaction by improving the usability and accessibility provided when interacting with a system, product or service. The design of users’ digital and offline tasks, interactions and interfaces to meet usability and accessibility requirements. The refinement of designs in response to user-centred evaluation and feedback and communication of the design to those responsible for design, development and implementation.Key Responsibilities
- Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organisation's planning and operations.
- Recognises and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
- Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
Requirements definition and management
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for small-scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives.
- Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements.
- Provides constructive challenge to stakeholders as required.
- Prioritises requirements and documents traceability to source.
- Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Provides input to the requirements base-line.
- Investigates, manages and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Applies standard methods in support of user research initiatives.
- Involves wider team in research activities.
- Engages effectively with users and customer representatives to generate high quality research.
- Documents and shares the outcomes of user research.
User experience analysis
- Identifies and describes the user objectives for systems, products and services.
- Identifies the roles of affected stakeholder groups.
- Defines the required behaviour and performance of the system, product or service in terms of the total user experience, resolving potential conflicts between differing user requirements.
- Specifies measurable criteria for the required usability and accessibility of the system, products and services.
User experience design
- Applies tools and methods to design and develop users' digital and off-line tasks, interactions and interfaces to meet agreed usability and accessibility requirements for selected system, product or service components.
- Creates workable prototypes. Assists, as part of a team, on overall user experience design.
- Assists in the evaluation of design options and trade-offs.
- Consistently applies visual design and branding guidelines.
User experience evaluation
- Evaluates design options and prototypes to obtain user feedback on requirements of developing systems, products or services.
- Tests the usability and accessibility of components and alternative designs.
- Administers a range of evaluations, recording data and feedback.
- Analyses evaluation data and recommend actions.
- Checks systems, products or services for adherence to applicable standards, guidelines, style guides, and legislation.
- Evaluates the usability of existing or competitor systems to provide benchmark values and as input to design.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 5-year experience in IT
- 2 year experience in relevant area
- 1 year of experience in team management
- Understanding of different culture
- Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets